Do you have a continuous drive to make things better and better? We make room for out-of-the-box thinkers from all kinds of disciplines (that’s right – no BComm. required).
If this sounds like you, let’s connect. We love to share our structure, resources, team, and clients with people who are passionate about process improvement.
"We strive to create an environment where each member of our team can build their professional skills, while having fun along the way."
Richard Houle • Partner
"HLH has the best work environment and culture I have ever had the opportunity to work in. The firm encourages a continued learning experience and creates a challenging yet friendly environment."
Noah Desa • Co-op Student
We’re proud to be an office where our staff likes coming to work each morning. We care about the work we do, but we’re careful to pair our passion for excellence with a commitment to work/life balance.
HLH is always expanding and opening up space for employee advancement. We’re looking for the best and brightest: people committed to excellence at work and at play.
We’re not just looking for the best and the brightest CO-OP, Articling, and CPA students. We’re looking for students who want to enjoy their life as much as their careers.
HLH is a multi-disciplined, locally-based CPA firm that attracts high-profile clients. We can offer you more experience and responsibility than you thought possible, and all during normal working hours.
What We Offer
• A level of work/life balance you won’t find at other accounting firms
• Competitive wages
• Comprehensive Flexible benefit package tailored by each staff member to their own needs
• Flexible work schedules
• A system where banked overtime hours accrued during busier seasons can be used towards time off with pay
• Great corporate culture and a friendly environment
• Multiple industries and a diverse client base to keep your day-to-day work dynamic and interesting
• Opportunities to increase responsibilities on projects, allowing you to gain experience and have a real impact on clients
• A young, ambitious work environment in the heart of Edmonton’s downtown
• Your own spacious and private work area
Training and Mentorship
• Experience a mix of client projects in all sectors of the economy
• Enjoy direct access to Bob, Richard, Trevor, Darlene and senior staff
• Receive continuous feedback on job performance to facilitate rapid professional growth
Our Company Culture
• We love life. From soccer and sailing to farming and art, our team lives life to its fullest
• We like spending the lunch together, and we are all about celebrating birthdays!
• We encourage being active in the community and match charitable contributions
Your Work Environment
• Our Downtown office places you in the heart of the city, walking distance to Edmonton’s best restaurants and shops
• Within one block of Central LRT station
• You’ll have your own private and spacious work area
• We’re ambitious, enthusiastic and, most of all, fun to work with
Why HLH is the Right Firm for You
• Marketplace salary and flexible benefit program
• Respect for your personal life, but when you work overtime you’ll be fully compensated
• Last year we only worked a total of 150 overtime hours per person, which is approximately 1/3 of the industry standard!
• Custom study programs that suit your specific learning needs
• Our firm cultivates the skills that will help you succeed in achieving your goals and becoming a well rounded professional
• Module fees paid for, study leave for CPA modules, CFE and Densmore
• Work with other professionals at your level